For many years, the treatment of different medical conditions by using Cannabis Sativa or Nigella sativa has been researched thoroughly. Although they are two different plants with immense healing properties, it is important to know a little bit about both and how different they really are. After being informed about both of these plants, we can come to a conclusion on which one is better to use and why.
Cannabis Sativa Definition
Cannabis Sativa definition - Cannabis sativa is an annual herbaceous plant of the Cannabaceae family. It was first classified by Carl Linnaeus in 1753. It is a tall plant with a light shade of green. It has leaves made
Cannabis Sativa Medical Benefits
According to BusinessInsider.com, some of the Cannabis Sativa Medical Benefits are:
· Treating Glaucoma – Since Glaucoma increases the pressure in the eyeball, The National Eye Institute claims that marijuana helps in decreasing or slowing down eye pressure and in preventing blindness.
· Helps control Epileptic seizures – In 2003, a study showed that Cannabis sativa extract can be used to treat epileptic seizures. The study consisted of epileptic rats, in which the drug rid the rats of the seizures for 10 hours.
· Decreasing symptoms of Dravet’s Syndrome – A documentary showed that a family treating their 5-year-old daughter with Dravet’s Syndrome by using marijuana. The treatment resulted in the decreasing of seizures from 300 a week to just one every 7 days.
· Helps in stopping Cancer from spreading – Cannabidiol is a chemical found in Cannabis Sativa that helps to turn off a gene called Id-1. Cancer cells copy these genes and spread them throughout the body. Treating cancer using Cannabidiol helps in stopping this spreading of Id-1 genes.
· Slow the progression of Alzheimer’s - The 2006 study, published in the journal Molecular Pharmaceutics, found that THC, the active chemical in marijuana, slows the formation of amyloid plaques by blocking the enzyme in the brain that makes them. These plaques are what kill brain cells and cause Alzheimer's.
· Helps Chemotherapy – One of the most popular medical reasons of Cannabis sativa is for patients undergoing chemotherapy. It has proven to reduce some of its side effects by alleviating pain, decreasing nausea and stimulating the appetite.
NOTE: THE WEBMASTER NEVER ADVOCATES CHEMOTHERAPY.