Low back pain is a very common global health issue. There are several reasons that can cause low back pain. However, general estimation reported 5% to 10% of low back pain incidence is related to sciatica pain.
Sciatica pain is a neurological pain that occurs due to irritation and any neurological pinch that develop in the sciatic nerves.
Almost 49% to 70% patient suffering from sciatica pain develops to a lifetime low back pain.
Worldwide, there are multiple risk factors that influence sciatica pain, which
What underlying causes generate sciatica pain?
Spinal disc herniation is the most common underlying cause of generating sciatica pain symptoms. In layman language, this condition may be explained as a spine disc rupturing, spinal nerve pinched or slipped disc.
Usually, the disc degenerating condition occurs by the gradual interference of personal and occupational risk factors. 
In slip disc condition, the vertebra slips in the forward direction and nerve present beneath the vertebra get compressed in-between.
This type of pathophysiological condition arises due to sudden traumatic injury or due to incorrect postural issues during prolong bending or sitting. 
Even chronic joint disorder, including spinal osteoarthritis, causes narrowing of the nerve channel through which spinal nerves travel to the lower spinal region, which hurt the nerve tissue. 
Another musculoskeletal system disorder is piriformis syndrome, in which the piriformis muscle spasm compresses and irritates the sciatica nerve.
Piriformis muscle is present in the buttock, therefore, the pain extended to the buttock. 
Even diabetic neuropathy can cause sciatica pain because such condition can affect any nerve in the body. 
How Nigella sativa help to treat sciatica pain?
Nigella sativa, commonly known as the black seed was used to treat back pain in traditional medicine.
Reports of investigation research have given evidence that Nigella sativa has a potent analgesic effect, which can reduce the sciatica pain naturally. The CNS depressant property of Nigella sativa is the primary mechanism of action in pain reduction.
In addition, the active constituent thymoquinone present in Nigella sativa has anti-nociceptive property along with potent antioxidant effect.
All these properties are packed in tiny seeds of Nigella sativa, which can inhibit microglia activity. Nigella sativa supplement can indirectly activate the supraspinal mu- and kappa-opioid receptor subtypes.
Therefore, the analgesic effect of Nigella sativa is strong and prolonged, which is not only effective in initial sciatica pain syndrome, but also in late phase condition. 
• Prolong and chronic pain condition of sciatica pain are associated with the underlying inflammatory condition. Nigella sativa also has an anti-inflammatory effect which reduces the underlying inflammation associated with sciatica pain syndrome. 
• The using of Nigella sativa supplement in sciatica pain condition not only decrease the pain and inflammation, but also improve the underlying cause by improving neuronal cell viability. Nigella sativa has neuroprotective action and prevent neuronal cell death. The Nigella sativa supplement preserves the neuronal integrity and reduces the rate of neuronal loss due to personal or occupational hazardous with increasing of time. Administration of Nigella sativa supplements helps to prevent age-related neuronal damage.
• The antioxidant property of Nigella sativa acts against neurotoxicity and increases the detrimental free radicals burden. In addition, Nigella sativa also helps to maintain natural antioxidant enzyme level in our body and prevents free radicals induced neuronal damage.
• Interestingly, animal test report showed that Nigella sativa significantly reduces sciatic nerve degeneration after traumatic nerve injury. 
• In chronic condition, sciatica pain can cause ischemia (inadequate blood circulation) in sciatica nerves causing permanent disability due to necrosis in sciatica nerves. But treatment with Nigella sativa can lower the risk of neuronal ischemia by preventing intracellular edema. 
• Nigella sativa also has a muscle relaxant property, which may prevent piriformis syndrome and related sciatica pain. 
Therefore, altogether, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant property of Nigella sativa and its active constituents can able to prevent neuronal damage, which is helpful to resolve sciatica pain. 
I personally have suffered with sciatica and pinched nerves for 15 years. What I found that worked best was a product called Glucuosamine Sulfate in combination with red grape seeds.
I was in awful awful pain and these two things in combination with black black seed oil, gave me my life back. I have to say Quest Glucosamine is the best. More expensive than most, but the best.