YUMMY AND HEALTHY SOUP
This is actually a minestrone soup with pesto but my writer chose to use a different name, lol. Years ago I made this recipe and I just adored this and it was indeed my favorite soup and in fact I plan to make this tonight. Of all the soups I have on the website, this will indeed be your favorite.
Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3.9g 5%
Saturated Fat 0.7g 4%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 815mg 35%
Total Carbohydrate 66g 24%
Dietary Fiber 16.4g 59%
Total Sugars 8.2g
Vitamin D 0mcg 0%
Calcium 257mg 20%
Iron 9mg 52%
Potassium 2031mg 43%
- Take a large pot and heat olive oil in it over medium heat.
- Cook onions in it until translucent.
- Then add the garlic, carrots, potatoes, green beans, and zucchini.
- Season it with salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the vegetable aroma comes, add the tomatoes, stock, water, and thyme.
- Turn the heat to low.
- Season it with salt and black pepper.
- Simmer the soup for 25 minutes.
- Just before serving the soup adds the beans and turns the heat to low.
- Serve in bowls with a dollop of pesto on top.