HOME MADE LARA BARS
Lara Bars are raw and delicious treats made with raw date paste. They are packed full of wonderful things including black cumin. You can use the oil if you do not have any seeds. One of my favorite treats for any time of the year is Lara Bars.
- 1 pound of date paste (regular dates may be substituted - deseed)
- 1/4 glass of water
- 1 cup of chopped nuts (assorted as you like)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons ground black seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut
- Pinch of salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Chop the date paste into small pieces and set aside. In a food processor add in the nuts and pulse until they are chunky.
- Add in the ground black seeds, flax seeds and coconut and pulse again. Lastly put in the sesame and pulse once or twice only.
- Add in the seasoning and start adding in the dates. Pulse slowing and continue to add along with the water until you get everything mixed.
- The mixture may be too much for the food processor so remove the date mixture and put in a large oiled or baking pan that has some non-stick spray on it.
- Press the date mixture into place and press down hard moving it together to make a solid bar.
- Place in the refrigerator to set. After two hours you can cut into small squares and store in an air tight container.